Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Summer Blog Challenge

My apologies to all of you who have visited this blog over the past few months, hoping for more thoughts on The Daily Grind. Alas, this past semester in graduate school co-opted every coherent thought in my brain, and every spare word that I put on paper went to completing assignments. In fact, by the end of finals I realized I had written as many words in that two week stretch as the total word count of my first book! (Okay, so my first book was rather slim, but still...)

Now, this summer I've arrived at a different problem. I have lots of devotional thoughts running through my mind, but every time I go to post them, I think, "Wait. Save that for the next book." Of course, I could still post them and then publish them, like that guy on http://www.reallivepreacher.com/ (whose blog and book are amazing; I highly recommend both). So that's what I'm going to try, whether I end up publishing my thoughts or not. I've given myself the challenge of posting on this blog at least once a week till the end of August. We'll see how it goes!

No comments: